Tuesday, April 2, 2024

4K Newsletter for April 2 - 5, 2024

4K Families,

It is April and we are really getting into letters and sounds and practicing being readers! Yesterday during my meetings, I learned about a really good evidenced-based reading game that helps children learn to read.  It is called Graphogame (English) I bought it yesterday and we were playing it on the screen. It is $2.99 from the app store. You can read about it at graphogame.com. The kids were having fun with it, but I'm sure they would get more out of it if they were doing it without having to take turns. 


Next week Monday is the solar eclipse. It is in the afternoon, but I will send the solar eclipse glasses home on Friday for the AM class this week so you will have them Monday for the eclipse. The PM class will also get glasses. If you want your child to participate, please send back the permission note. (PM only needs one) Hopefully it won't be cloudy that day.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I am sending the April homework packet today. If you have the March one at home, please send it back. I love reading all the good ideas and fun things you did when you completed the homework.  I will update the links for the virtual field trips on the webpage tonight so they are clickable. Thanks again for helping complete the parent-school connection!

Miss Gilding


No comments:

Post a Comment